Any Midwest GS Rallies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Midwest GS Rallies?

Living up in MN where most of the year its flippin too cold to even think straight I was wondering if their were any rallies in the midwest...wisconsin minnesota iowa?..I'd love to get to one this year but dont wanna drive through 8 states to get their..lol

DDM

On occasion Im working at the Buffalo airport. We can get the other Dave in Annandale and maybe that Eskimo Dan will come down for a little tour.....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Look in the Meetingplace.

The IL guys are doing a spring and fall meet this year aka Fennimore, WI.

That should only be a few hours away for you guys
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

worst case there's more than a few of us scattered between Minn, Iowa, and Wisconsin that never do seem to get out often enough.

Like was mentioned before though keep an eye out on the meeting room... There's Brown County Indiana in May and Fennimore in late September (though looks like we're adding an extra one this year too)... If you have the cash and vacation time we've got group rates for the MotoGP in Indianapolis as well if you're into racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
          I'd love to get to one this year but dont wanna drive through 8 states to get their..lol. DDM
          Cheer up, the guys in New England drive through 8 states before lunch.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

There is always the Slimy Crud Run 1st Sunday of May and 1st Sun. of Oct. Just show up in Pine Bluff Wis. around 11 am you'll see all the bikes ya wanna see. and great roads getting there and back.

Comment

I've tried to get some of y'all southerners down there in the snow, rain, sleet and tornado belt around the Twin Cities to come up here to God's country where many many twisty roads reside among, betwixt and between the lakes, the sun always shines and the only time you can't ride is when it's snowy or icy, y'know 2 or 3 days a month for 3 or 4 months..........

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                I've tried to get some of y'all southerners down there in the snow, rain, sleet and tornado belt around the Twin Cities to come up here to God's country where many many twisty roads reside among, betwixt and between the lakes, the sun always shines and the only time you can't ride is when it's snowy or icy, y'know 2 or 3 days a month for 3 or 4 months..........
                Whenever you put something together I'll try my d*mnedest to get there. It's about the same distance to the twins as it is to Brown County via superslab.

Brad bk

Comment

I've tried to get some of y'all southerners down there to come up here to God's country
                  Where the Deer are thicker than the mosquitoes.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    Where the Deer are thicker than the mosquitoes.
                    That's because all the city folk come up here for deer hunting season, scare them all into hiding, and when they're hiding they do what they wanted to do anyway, procreate, then there are more bambis to avoid than there were before....

Comment

... I'm not averse to a little traveling for a get together. If enough advance notice was given I imagine a half dozen from the Missouri Valley would show up. Getting folks within 200 miles of Omaha together for a ride takes weeks,so planning is a must. I am willing to do more than just show up. If someone handle the logistics and determine what needs to be done, I'll take on a bit of responsibility.

Comment

Hi DDM!

I live in White Bear Lake, MN and I have tried a few times to get us MN guys together.

It would be great to do a ride together. I just got my 79 fired up and took a nice ride on Sunday.

Rick

Comment

Signature

Bradleymaynar, I just recognized your signature. Hilarious.
                          It would be great to take a ride on my GS to Castle Anthrax.

Comment

I'm not positive, but I don't think I've any open weekends until June. With spring concerts, graduations, and the start of the motorcycle training season, I'm all of a sudden going to be busy. I'd like to host a get together up here in the slowly thawing north though, I've got lots of camping room and a whole lot of good riding around these parts.

Comment

I'm not positive, but I don't think I've any open weekends until June. With spring concerts, graduations, and the start of the motorcycle training season, I'm all of a sudden going to be busy. I'd like to host a get together up here in the slowly thawing north though, I've got lots of camping room and a whole lot of good riding around these parts.
                              Dan, let's do this. Set a date. I will come up. I love the Northland (except the prospect of hitting a deer )

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X