36 to 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 to 101

Hyw 36 from Susnaville Ca, ALL the way to the coast of California and then turn rt and head north through California and Orgon.
    Hyw 36 is a 140 mile twisty, altitude changing ,GLORIOUS sceanery ripper of a ride and then on the 101, you get the Northern California and Oregon coast line(I recomend the 101 in the late afternoon, as the sun is over the ocean) it is a spiritual view as you serpintine the rocky coast line. All I can say about this is AMAZZZZZIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and bring a friend)

Is that in Homboltd?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      Is that in Homboltd?
      Susanville is just off of 395 (N or Reno)

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Susanville is just off of 395 (N or Reno)
        I knew I recognized that town. One heck of a drive all the way to the 101.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Namikuz View Post
          Hyw 36 from Susnaville Ca, ALL the way to the coast of California and then turn rt and head north through California and Orgon.
          Hyw 36 is a 140 mile twisty, altitude changing ,GLORIOUS sceanery ripper of a ride and then on the 101, you get the Northern California and Oregon coast line(I recomend the 101 in the late afternoon, as the sun is over the ocean) it is a spiritual view as you serpintine the rocky coast line. All I can say about this is AMAZZZZZIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and bring a friend)
          I would love to ride it someday. That stretch of 36 west of the slab looks wicked. And I might look to take the coast road up to the PNW rally in September. Depends on how much travel time I have.

You're in NorCal I presume. How 'bout checking out the rallies this year. 5th Annual Western States Rally in July, and the PNW rally in Oregon in September. Hopefully we get a chance to meet you.

And also check out the NorCal Riders social group.

Comment

Namikuz,

Just this past summer I was camping up in the Forks of Salmon and took a drive on the 299 all through those woods. Willow Creek and all that.

-When are you arriving in So California? In June I am planning a ride from So Cal to OR.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob81 View Post
              Namikuz,

Just this past summer I was camping up in the Forks of Salmon and took a drive on the 299 all through those woods. Willow Creek and all that.

-When are you arriving in So California? In June I am planning a ride from So Cal to OR.

Rob
              Rob, might you consider planning your ride to OR in September instead of June? It would coincide with the PNW rally . Here's the 4-1-1. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=152121

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                Rob, might you consider planning your ride to OR in September instead of June? It would coincide with the PNW rally . Here's the 4-1-1. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=152121
                It is scheduled around my niece's (Rob's cousin) wedding in Everett. August is a lot safer rain wise, too.

My two brothers and a brother in law are flying out too. We plan to tour the area for a week or so, then ride to the wedding. Probably 3 GS's, a 650 Seca, and a Commando.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                X