Road less traveled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road less traveled.

I used to live in West Sacramento and got a job with EDS out in Woodland Cal. and there were multiple routes to my destination. But I have to tell you riding the motorcycle to work everyday was probably the coolest thing ever. I had one route that was basically hiway 80 over the causeway (huge flood plain that went for miles and miles) to another 3 line freeway to woodland. Or my favorite. In West Sacramento there is a road called Harbor Blvd, one direction takes you to the port of Sacramento, the other direction is where I'd head. You'd take a quick right off of it and you were headed on the Sacramento river road which was one of the prettier rides in the valley in my opinion. It ran right by the Hiway patrol academy where they have this HUGE test track, but anyway, past it the road parallels the river and your maybe 50 feet above it on the right side as your headed to woodland. On the left is farm after farm of some of the best agricultural area's the valley has. It was just a spectacular ride every morning and night coming back. There even a small white obelisk marker on the road that few probably even check out that was a marker of where a steamboat on the river blew up and several prominent citizens died. Across the river were huge houses which had yards stretching down to the river. The coolest part was the low temps in the summer of the area and the sites and smells and things you just don't get when driving a cage. Thats the best part of biking in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Rev. D.

Originally posted by Rev D View Post
    Thats the best part of biking in my humble opinion.
    You will find that most people here can relate to that. Early morning ride through the country with the smell of new mowed hay wafting through your helmet........awesome !

Welcome to the GSRs.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The "road less travelled" reminds of reads from Neil Peart, Rush drummer and motorcyclist. He has written many tales of riding on tour, and more. He used the term 'shunpike' to describe his routes covering 20k between gigs on one tour. The word has cool historical meaning and I find myself thinking of shunpiking my way here and there.

Comment

Working...
      X