Carb Sync tool access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Sync tool access

So I decide to get things in order to sync the carbs on my 82 GS1100gk, I decided to make my own tool no problem with that , I start to look at the angles that the tool must take between carbs 1and 2 no problem 3 and 4 no problem, nut between 2 and 3 that is another thing. Looks like the throttle linkage has to be moved to get a straight shot at it am,I right or is there another way around this?

Yes, Take out one screw (carb cap) and loosen the other screw on that bracket that holds the throttle cable to top of carb, just so can swing that bracket out of the way a little. Maybe snugg the scews back up to keep a good seal on the carb cap while doing the adjustments.

Not that I am any expert gear head. Just noticed this a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Redman; 02-19-2010, 10:29 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for reply, I'm wondering if maybe dealers had a special tool for that one particular area. I have never read anything in any manual about having to move the linkage around but it does make sense.

Comment

Motionpro

The special Motionpro tool will fit in there without moving the linkage but it's a tight squeeze and kind of frustrating. Moving the linkage a little bit sounds like a pretty good idea.
        1980 GS1100E, the latest of many.

Comment

Working...
        X