Best carbs for an 81 GS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best carbs for an 81 GS1100

Since I have to replace a carb on my 1100, (my easy out broke off in the pilot screw and I can't seem to drill it out), what would be a good size to look for, or should I stick with stock? Thanks.

For what purpose, drag racing? Highway use?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Put an ad in the Parts Wanted forum for the specific carb you need. There are lots of folks around here with spare carb parts, include carb bodies. If you are not capable of getting the carbs together yourself, look up Chef and he'll hook you up.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

36mm Mikuni RS flatsides
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Which carb position do you need, I have a set I am breaking up.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            36mm Mikuni RS flatsides
            34mm RS is better on a stock 1100

Comment

What about 36 mikuni's from an 1150?

Comment

Originally posted by will61310 View Post
                w/ a stage 3 jet kit.......great choice!

Comment

That's what I run but those RSs are a peach!
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

That's what I run but those RSs are a peach!
                    pie?
                    so what about those rail cars blowing up in Bakersfield???
                    was that some of your doing bill

Comment

How would the dynojet stage 3 kit/36mm 1150 carbs do on a stock 1100E w/ a header, k.n. in box filter ? any better than the 34's?

Comment

How would the dynojet stage 3 kit/36mm 1150 carbs do on a stock 1100E w/ a header? any better than the 34's?
                        yes!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

sorry,
                        i thought you meant with individual filters...
                        don't mess with it...the 34's are fine.
                        Last edited by blowerbike; 02-23-2010, 02:48 AM. Reason: BLA!

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                          pie?
                          so what about those rail cars blowing up in Bakersfield???
                          was that some of your doing bill
                          Kris V and I were dragracing through the Tehachapi loop and hit a one-hundred car train head on.
                          What a mess. Fifty trains backed up trying to get to Bako and LA. Happened in a tunnel too. Denatured Alcohol, plastic pellets and corn meal.
                          Last edited by chef1366; 02-23-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

How would the dynojet stage 3 kit/36mm 1150 carbs do on a stock 1100E w/ a header, k.n. in box filter ? any better than the 34's?
                            I have a 3133 Dynojet kit brand new in the box for sale.

Comment

Kris V and I were dragracing through the Tehachapi loop and hit a one-hundred car train head on.
                              What a mess. Fifty trains backed up trying to get to Bako and LA. Happened in a tunnel too. Denatured Alcohol and corn meal.
                              DAYUMMMMM!!
                              Bakersfield sounds like a cool place...
                              maybe i should have stopped by while i was out west

Comment

Working...
                              X