GS1100E Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E Project

So I have had a 1980 GS1100e since last summer that i was working. Since then i acquired this bike in peices for parts for my other bike. My girlfriend decided that she wanted this one as a project bike to ride this summer. She is going with matte black and red emblems. We are currently still putting it together awaiting parts from ebay and from fellow members of this site. We have not started it yet, but the carbs have been gone through, new plugs. I am waiting for my girl to finish painting the tank as i am just guiding her. So far we have added the air cleaners, lowered front, 9.5'' solid rear struts, new grips, painted frame, drag bars, controls, levers, new cables, matte black paint, and much more. We hope to get her a extended swingarm by summer. She is also going with a round headlight and gauges from a l model. We should have gotten some before pictures, but here is some pics of where it is now, and still a ways to go.

Some things we need to finish:
    -stator
    -recetifier
    -battery
    -tires f&r
    -front mirrors with led turn signal
    -possibly new starter
    -the clutch is too hard for her to pull in (it is way harder than my 1100) not sure whats up with it. I bought some stock springs for it tho, havent installed them yet.

Here are some pics of what we have so far.
    If you have any parts we need or suggestions let me know.

Working...
X