Shops in DC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shops in DC??

I am going to DC for a week in a few days and was wondering if anyone in the area could recommend any MC shops worth visiting? I have already shopped ahead for a lot of the stuff that is readily available on the net, but thought that it would be nice to see some shops if there were any worth the trouble. I am also on the hunt for a pair of boots for riding in and I won't be ordering them on the internet...

Cheers

Angus

Angus
    Dc is kinda like ur on a scooter or a first time harley rider from what I have seen as of recent and unless your ready to carry a firearm dont bother with the sportbike scene in DC,As for shops I would say go east into Maryland and look around,cycle world in Brooklyn MD has a decent stock of stuff,or just go buy a set of Red Wing Boots there oulet is about 5 min from cycle world anyhow,about a 30-40 drive from DC.If you need parts for your old GS try scopin out Baltimore Cycle Salvage nice warehouse full of old Jap parts ask for Dean.

Comment

There is a 10% sales tax in the city so shop outside for savings. As noted before DC isn't Motorcycle Heaven for shops, especially for old stuff.

Baltimore Cycle Salvage is about 40 minutes by car from DC and has everything old.

Great home page!
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. The only place I ended up visiting was Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church, VA. It was about a 10 mile bike ride from where I was staying so I could deal with that. It was all sports bikes and cruisers but they had a good parts department and I got a helmet on sale so it was well worth the trip out there.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X