Camping/Route Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping/Route Recommendations?

I'm planning a long weekend trip to visit some family in North Central Arkansas, leaving from Central IL, thinking about either taking a route through MO (avoiding the interstate) or KY, didn't know if you guys would have any recommendations on a route and decent campground for an overnight stay. Hoping to take the trip on Memorial Day weekend. Any ideas?

From Yellville Ar. on hwy 62 head north on Ar 14 / 125. North of Lakeway 14 and 125 split, stay right on 125 continue north through Peel. When you get to the Lake stop and wait for the Ferry. Get on Ferry cross lake and continue north on 125 into Mo. go through Protem Mo. north to Hwy 160 turn west on 160 to Rueter then turn North on Mo.125 follow that up to Bradleyville Mo. Turn around and return to Yellville. Lots of fun, lots of twisties, Have fun be careful, enjoy the great roads.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-q1Mb
    MapQuest says 1 hour 45 minutes for a 57.18 mile trip one way.

Comment

AR/MO ride

I've been on that route several times and it is definitely a hoot. You definitely flick your machine back and forth. What's funny is that the first time I rode it, my buddy and I actually stopped, turned around, and did it again! If I remember correctly, 14 south out of Yellville is pretty intense (fun) all the way to US65. If you go west from Rueter on 160 for a few miles to Forsyth, there is a campground on the river/lake and a convenience store across the road from it. I don't know if it's still open, but the Shadow Rock Inn (across the road, too), had a lounge with live music on weekends. There are a lot of animals and driveways, so be careful.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 11:58 PM. Reason: punctuation error

Comment

Working...
      X