carb bolt size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb bolt size

well the p/o realy helped me this time .... while he did rebuild the carbs (what ever that means to him) he managed to destroy every philips head bolt in the carbs.... so now i was left with the job of removing then to do the job corectly . and now in the intrest of doing things right i want to replace these bolts ... so does ne one know the thread pitch for any of these bolts......

i realy need the ones for hte slide cover and gangplate bolts...

thanx to all

The carb bolt size depends on what bike you have.

The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Hi,

Check the parts fiche. The bolt's pitch and length are usually part of the part number.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

guess i shoulda told ya what bike i have .... i have a gs1100L 1980

i was under the inpression that the harware listed was for the older carbs that bolted to the engine .... mine have the rubber boots ....

if these are for the slide cover ,float boal , and gangbrackets then i have no problem ording these .... its actualy ware i got the orings from and he was a great pers to deal with

Comment

Hi,

Yeah, Robert Barr has the fasteners for the intake boots but does not sell bolts for the carbs themselves. Have a look at the parts fiches for your bike. What are the part numbers you need? Mr. bwringer is really good a deciphering part numbers.

BassCliff

Comment

sorry but im not shure what parts fichs your refering to ..... the ones on bike bandit are the only ones im aware of .... (and i dont think they have the part nums for the faseners

ive done some serching and will contenue to do so ..... but any help to expedite the proses is verry much app

Comment

Bikebandit does not use real Suzuki part numbers, so forget them.

Here are a couple of places that do use real part numbers:

http://partshark.com (Great prices!)

http://alpha-sports.com (Horrible prices! Great fiches, though.)
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Why not just take em to the nearest Ace and size em up?
                I'd suggest replacing them with hex head or allen head stainless.

My .02
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

ok i used the parts fiche on part shark.com and it looks like i need these
                  im shure i could find the parts cheaper (some are 5 bucks each) if i had the thread pitch and dia.

i need 02112-05167 (replaces 02112-05168)
                  02112-06127 (replaces 02112-06128)
                  02112-05127 (replaces 02112-05128)
                  02142-05127 (replaces 13605-47090)

i dont know how to read the part nums but what i realy need is like i said the thread pitch and bolt dia
                  thanx for all the help so far and i hope some one can explain how to read these nums for me (it would be a helpful skill to know)

Comment

"Why not just take em to the nearest Ace and size em up?"

well cause i live in a college town and the people at the counter typicly not only dont want to help but if they had the information wouldnt be able to know how to find it .....

im hoping to get to fasnall (i cant spell if ya cant tell) and order or pick them up when they are open tomarow

Comment

go here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=137913 and behold (use the original part number on that last one :\

Originally posted by sk843143 View Post
                      ok i used the parts fiche on part shark.com and it looks like i need these
                      im shure i could find the parts cheaper (some are 5 bucks each) if i had the thread pitch and dia.

i need 02112-05167 (replaces 02112-05168)
                      02112-06127 (replaces 02112-06128)
                      02112-05127 (replaces 02112-05128)
                      02142-05127 (replaces 13605-47090)

i dont know how to read the part nums but what i realy need is like i said the thread pitch and bolt dia
                      thanx for all the help so far and i hope some one can explain how to read these nums for me (it would be a helpful skill to know)

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                        go here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=137913 and behold (use the original part number on that last one :\
                        Doh! I forgot I "borrowed" that information from Brian and put it on my website. Sorry!

*Engine Odds and Ends*

BassCliff

Comment

ok thanx to all who helped ..... i have orderd around 90 to 100 different bolts for the carbs and other parts of the bike.... and all with this information .....

thanx to all

oh and i got it all for 25 bucks including shipping....

i love this site!!!!!!

Comment

Torn up carb bolts, that'll happen!

When I went to do my carbs, the previous owner left EVERY single screw stripped or deformed.

I had to hit them with PB Blaster and Liquid Wrench, let them sit under a work light(Stanley yellow square worklight at wal-mart)

I was using a Socket Extension as a punch and a Hammer... and tapping the bolts loose.

I actually had to use some weird punching tool my dad had laying around the garage.
                            I set the tip of that on the head of the screw, tapped the punch with a hammer a couple times(firm taps, not slamming it). And it re-forms the head of the screw back again, but usually caves it in TOO much, but that's what you want.
                            So then I took my screw driver, set the tip of it on the head of the screw like normal, but obviously it won't fit now(i just re-shaped it a little), so I take the hammer and tap the screw driver down firmly into the screw head, then I lean over it,grab the screw driver with both hands, lock my hands and arms, and slowly turn my whole upper body......comes out every ****in time.
                            Not all screwdrivers might work for this trick.....I had a brand new craftsman, it had a rubber grip, and the tip of the phillipshead was really squared off and very sharp, It's got some kind of silver aluminum look on the tip of it, it digs into everything.

Also, this probably only works on the crappy Zinc bolts that come with the bike, those are easy to re-shape.

------

I went to Lowes and bought some steel Hex bolts and some Flatheads too.
                            No leaks, they hold good.

Comment

I've had good luck removing carb screws by using an impact screw driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X