starting resto 1986 550ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting resto 1986 550ES

just starting a 1986 550ES. when finished, it will look like this!!

pretty clean bike. have new replacement wrong color side panels and front fairing lowers. local auto paint expert says he can read the red and mix me a single stage (not base and then color) paint that will match close enuff to the pearl twinkle red. we'll see. i'm NOT going to spend the 400 or so it would cost to do the color rite stuff.

otherwise just needs carb cleaning, tires, chain, the usual stuff. has a works shock that i want to replace with a non reservoir properly spring shock for my 210 lb bod.

keep you posted.

You should be able to get a stiffer spring for the Works shock. It would be a shame to get rid of it.

Comment

i may send it in for rebuild - needs more spring and has minor fluid leak from resv. hose.

Comment

What are these bikes like to ride? There's one for sale near me. Not that I'm looking to buy anything. Really, Honey

Comment

I have one of these. The lowers for the fairing are so hard to find! Otherwise this is a GREAT bike.

Comment

I have new lowers but they are NOS for the white and blue bike. If I do the resto I'll paint everything up to amtch the original color scheme. I also have the "full" fairing lockhart lowers that go on in place of the smaller stock lowers.

Comment

Working...
            X