What size jet kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size jet kit?

1982 GS550L needs a new jet kit. Stage 3 if possible? Several searches turn up nothing, except a kit for the 1982 GS550 Katana. Would this fit?

thanks in advance

Cross reference the two models here for jetting specs, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...+jetting+specs. If they are the same, which more than likely they are, then go from there. Most of the Dynojet kits contain jetting and info for Stage 1 and 3.

Comment

Yes, I found that thread, but I can't find the corresponding dyno kit? Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Demonthrall View Post
        Yes, I found that thread, but I can't find the corresponding dyno kit? Thanks for your help
        If they share the same jetting stock then the Dynojet kit for one will work with the other.

Comment

The idiot before me drilled the baffles and put pods on.

could I just purchase individual jets from Z1? If so how many points would I go up?

main jet: 80 (could I buy a 100?)
          pilot: 15 (could I buy a 17.5?)
          air jet: 1.4 (??)

Comment

Originally posted by Demonthrall View Post
            The idiot before me drilled the baffles and put pods on.

could I just purchase individual jets from Z1? If so how many points would I go up?

main jet: 80 (could I buy a 100?)
            pilot: 15 (could I buy a 17.5?)
            air jet: 1.4 (??)
            It's the slide needles you really need from the jet kit. The needles in the kits are slotted and have 5 or 6 positions for the clip. They have a completely different taper than stock. Do they share the same jet sizes stock?

Comment

they do not share the same size. In fact, I'm getting conflicting info on which size my jets are. i have contacted a couple of companies, and no one carries a kit? can i find another kit?

I am more inclined to go by this:

Comment

actually they do share the same size, I am a moron.

Comment

Working...
                X