GSX-r 750 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX-r 750 carbs

Ok it's not a GS but I still wold like some of your thoughts. I'm rebuiling an 89 GSX-r to look like the one in my picture. I have all the original body parts now and I'm ready to get it runing. It was given to me by a friend and it had no carbs on it when I got it. I have a later set from a 92 and I was wondering where to start on the pilot and main jets since the jets that are in it now don't seem right. I have a vance and hines pipe for it and pod filters. The carbs have 30 pilots, 117.5 main outers and 120 main inners in them now but I'm thinking the pilots are too small. I thought maybee I'd start with 35 or 40 pilots and 117.5's in all four.

Any one know of a good GSX-r resource site as well? I really don't think I could beat this site though. Heck I was tempted to ask you all some CB750 questions even though I found the SOHC750 site.

Gixxer.com but good luck with it. Doesn't seem to be many that know how to work on their bikes there. Just a bunch of young guys more interested in wheelies. I asked a simple wiring question there years ago and never got a reply. They this, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...85#post1133785. Or look here for the manual, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=82744.

Comment

The manual.

I have a manual but it gives a few different sizes depending on year and U.S. or U.K. models. The smallest pilot size is 32.5 for mine and the largest is the 90 U.K. at 35. None of them had 30's and with my aftermarket exhaust I'm sure that would be way too lean.

Comment

Check out this site

It gives the jet sizes in their microfiches.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Great site...

Genetic engineering of an extinct species

Comment

Working...
          X