Will GS1100ez carbs fit on GS1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will GS1100ez carbs fit on GS1000?

Hi - new to the forum so I apologize in advance for asking question already covered. Didn't find it in search.

Anyway, thinking of boring my 79 GS1000L to 1100, and wondered if the GS1100ez carbs, BS34SS, would bolt on, so that I don't have to buy new.

Thanks

No
    You will have to change heads also.
    Did this 79 come with VM carbs? Mechanical slides?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Nope, your 79 1000 head has VM26 mm carbs and the GS1100ez uses the later BS34SS carbs which need a bigger intake port in the head. If you want this to be a bolt-on application you'd need to find a 80+ GS1000 head or a 2 valve GS1100 head.

Comment

Came with the VM26. Any suggestions for a better carb for the 2 valve GS1000 head?

Comment

Thanks for responding. Suggestions on an upgrade that will fit? I'd like to avoid $650 for the Mikuni RS34ss?

Comment

unless i am missing something here.......
            the 34mm RS miks take a large boot as does the 34mm GS CV carbs.
            you can install big boots on your small port head..
            then you can use most any large throat carbs(RS miks/34mm 36mm vaccum carbs ect..).

Comment

Originally posted by OhioGS1000L View Post
              Thanks for responding. Suggestions on an upgrade that will fit? I'd like to avoid $650 for the Mikuni RS34ss?
              Punch it out to 1085/1100 with a Wiseco kit, and use your VM26 carbs. They're a nice carb. K&N pods, a quality 4-1 pipe, and a Dynojet stage 3 kit will help it breath a little better. The torque difference between a stock 1000 and a Wiseco 1085/1100 is very noticeable. Also, stock for stock, the difference in streetable torque between the small port and big port GS1000 motors and carbs is noticeable - favoring the smaller ported version! The big port version makes more peak HP but the smaller ports have more grunt down low and in the midrange. Greater gas velocities on the smaller port version and whatnot.

The Mikuni RS34s are too big to fit in your smaller port head.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                unless i am missing something here.......
                the 34mm RS miks take a large boot as does the 34mm GS CV carbs.
                you can install big boots on your small port head..
                then you can use most any large throat carbs(RS miks/34mm 36mm vaccum carbs ect..).
                Wouldn't a 34 mm carb be too much for a small port head? I've heard that the RS34s will outflow even a big port 1000 head.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                  Punch it out to 1085/1100 with a Wiseco kit, and use your VM26 carbs. They're a nice carb. K&N pods, a quality 4-1 pipe, and a Dynojet stage 3 kit will help it breath a little better. The torque difference between a stock 1000 and a Wiseco 1085/1100 is very noticeable. Also, stock for stock, the difference in streetable torque between the small port and big port GS1000 motors and carbs is noticeable - favoring the smaller ported version! The big port version makes more peak HP but the smaller ports have more grunt down low and in the midrange. Greater gas velocities on the smaller port version and whatnot.

The Mikuni RS34s are too big to fit in your smaller port head.
                  I appreciate it and will go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                    Wouldn't a 34 mm carb be too much for a small port head? I've heard that the RS34s will outflow even a big port 1000 head.
                    thats not what i meant.
                    i meant that they will fit his bike with the big boots added.
                    a set of 34mm CV carbs that has a jet kit installed will work great with his small port head.

Comment

flat slide carbys off a gs1000s

hi guys ,,someboby in australia currently has ,i think 34 flat slide carbys off a gs1000s currently on ebay.com.au hope this may be of help to somebody . regards david

Comment

find a set of 29MM smoothbores and they'll bolt right up and give a nice increase in power

Comment

Working...
                        X