TM33 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM33 carbs

I recently purchased an 83 1100 with flatslide carbs on it they look completely different than the rs36 on my other bike.Looking at google images they look like tm33 but all pics show these carbs for single cylinder motors only.Any ideas guys and are they worth keeping

If they've been sorted out and the bike runs good they are definitely worth keeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      If they've been sorted out and the bike runs good they are definitely worth keeping.
      bike wasnt run in probably 10 years the carbs need to be gone over well even the accelerator pumps are seized good news is the motor sounds great with my 36,s in place

Comment

Got a pic?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i don't believe the TM series have accelerator pumps and i don't think they are rack mounted.
          non rack mounted carbs on a 4 cylinder bike is a nightmare to keep in sink and for sure not worth the hassle.
          most are for drag bikes because they only need to idle and go wide open.

Comment

The 33s had pumps and I've seen racks of them before. They preceded the RS series and were the next step between VM and RS series carbs.

Comment

Billy, I have NEVER seen a set of 33 ANY slides with accellerator pumps. I'd like to see a pic of these. I've also never seen the single flatslides with pumps either or in a rack other than something someone made as a one off. Ray.

Comment

i always thought the round slide 29/33 ect.. preceded the RS series carbs.

Comment

here is a pic of the carbs in question

Comment

and the rear

Comment

Looks like these have fuel nozzles to me for the pumps, and are racked.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                        Looks like these have fuel nozzles to me for the pumps, and are racked.
                        yes they are racked and do have nozzles when i measured with my caliper they are 50mm o.d inlet 40mm o.d out and 33.9 i.d outlet

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                          yes they are racked and do have nozzles when i measured with my caliper they are 50mm o.d inlet 40mm o.d out and 33.9 i.d outlet
                          I was just being a bit of a smart-a$$. I knew there were 33s that had the pumps. Maybe not all of them had pumps but they were available.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

FYI
                            these are 34mm not 33's.
                            these are also factory canadian or UK carbs and i don't think the manufacturer was suzuki.
                            i removed a set from a customers 1150 last year and replaced them with a set of brand new RS36's.
                            also,
                            i don't believe these are considered TM series.
                            i have never seen odd size after market(29/31/33/35 ect.. round slide smooth bores with an accelerator pump.
                            i stand by my previous statement.

Comment

These are flatslides.

Look down the page a little. TM with accelerator pumps in sizes 33-36.
                              Mikuni TM33 New " Flatslide Carburetor w/accelerator pump"
                              Sizes 33 and 36mm

Comment

Working...
                              X