83 single strut swingarm on an 81 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 single strut swingarm on an 81 ??

just picked up some parts from baldguy and was wondering if the 83 gs750e single strut swing arm and strut assy will bolt into my 81 gs 750 (?not sure what exact model) anyone know for sure? i dont want to move the engine from the frame its in to this frame (again...) thanks, Brendan

really noone??

Comment

Several people here have done it with later model components. I think your single strut description has people scratching their heads. Mono-shock is what they are. Check the Performance area for info.

Here's a good one to read and follow.

Comment

sorry, i realised i wrote it wrong after the fact but i figured most would be able to figure it out, thanks for the link! anyone else have helpful info?

Comment

Here's another thread on using a later model swingarm. It will help you get the general idea. The shock linkage is on the bottom on most of the other builds. The '83 has the linkage up top.
          Place your GS performance, tuning or mods related questions in this forum.

Comment

i just picked it up today and havnt had a chance to go to where my bike is at the moment( on bedroom apartments dont like project bikes in the winter(but the city never likes them)) to see if it will just bolt in, but it looks like it should because the frames are essentially the same from 81-83 right??

Comment

You probably won't run into as many issues with the '83 swingarm as those using Gixxer and Bandit arms. Once you get into I can copy pages on the rear suspension for you from my manual so you have some visuals to go by. I can take measurements off of my bike for you too.

Comment

that would be awesome thanks, i wont be able to get to work on the bike at all for a couple weeks

Comment

Working...
                X