stator questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stator questions

1985 gs 700 battery goes dead battery store says its good i have been over the stator papers and each test is bad but just barely also when i pulled the cover off I found that the stator wires were pinched in the cover and bare what kind of havoc could this cause fixed bare wires redid all connections with hd bullet connectors still goes dead if I bump start it it will get me home but seems to cut out at low rpm so if the battery is dead and the stator is no good whats keeping my bike running sucks rather badly since the bike goes like a scalded dog when it has juice so where is the best place and what is the best brand of stator to purchase. also I know there is a member who sells r&rs cant remember who if someone knows pls let me know how to contact him thanks and sorry for the half page 70GT

if you was local you could stop by and plug one of my reg/rect in and then check output at the battery.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. 70GT,

Mr. duaneage is the guy to see for good, used, tested Honda upgrade r/r units. For stators you've got Rick's Electrics, Electrosport, and RM Stator. You will find links in your "mega-welcome".

Many of your questions can be answered in the two links below. Come on in and make yourself at home! Let me say, "Howdy!"...

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Classic symptoms of charging system needing care...

It sounds like you for def need to replace your stator. Might as well replace the RR with a honda one from dueanage. I've bought stator and RR from electrosport with 50% success. First stator lasted me ~1yr before it fried again. Electrosport replaced it under warrantee. Bought a used stator off Ebay waiting for the replacement from Electrosport so now I have a spare (currently running w/used one off Ebay w/no problems). Also bought RR from Electrosport and have had no problems with my charging system since.

Not many vendors/options for stators. Go used, rewrap (or pay someone) the one you've already got. The Honda RR seems to be a better fix than the Electro model.

Should be able to solve your problems for $100-200 and a few hours of working....then you can ride with peace of mind...

Comment

new stator from Rick's is around $129-$139. I'm drawing a blank on the stator you can get in Canade for about the same price. Both stators have there good and bad stories. I've spoken with both companies and would feel pretty good going with either.

Rick's will rewrap your old stator for around $70-80.

Go with a honda r/r from dueanage if he has one available.
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Working...
          X