Weird brake switch/light issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird brake switch/light issues.

I'm doing the lights and horns on the Kat and as I was missing a brake light switch I got a oem stocker from and Ebay seller. It was sealed in plastic and looked to be identical to the clutch interrupt except the colours match the brake wiring for the bike.

I plug everything in as it should be per the wiring diagram but when I turn on the ignition ( but don't start the bike) the rear light comes on as it should but pulling the lever to actuate the switch causes the rear light to go out.

Weirder, the foot switch works if the front switch is not connected but doesn't work at all when the front switch is plugged back in. The wiring harness is stock and hasn't been butchered and everything looks good.

The only change I've made is to the actual tail light. I got it from a member and I believe it was off an 1100. The connector was different than my harness connector so I pulled the old one of my broken light and wired that on to the new light. The wiring colours were the same and went to the same lamps on both.

I'm kind of at a loss. Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
    Spyug
Working...
X