Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instrument cluster light bulbs. Designation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument cluster light bulbs. Designation?

Hey guys,

So I just figured out why my neutral light isn't working, but now I want to know what kind of bulbs are in there. They are all glass bulbs with the leads coming out the bottom and wrapping up the side. I'm sure there is a bulb designation for these, but I don't know what it is.

Just curiosity really. I saw they have LEDs that are meant for this application, but they have various bulb size designations. They are also expensive, so I might not do it.

Thanks,

Part number 09471-12028

Comment

That number comes up with a 3.4W bulb

It is a T5 capless..

Available at almost any motorist store.. and much cheaper.

no need to order from the dealers.

Comment

Hmm, well, that's weird.

That's what I'm looking at.

Comment

Hi,

I'm sure you can find a better place to buy them than this...

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

My GS850's instruments are wearing several 194 bulbs from the local auto parts emporium.

I think they're 158 or 153 stock (can't quite remember the exact number, but they're very slightly lower wattage than 194), but these are harder to find.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I have 158s in mine. I tried an LED conversion but was not happy with the way light was distributed. Bulbs have advantages over LEDs in some ways.

I replaced the indicator lights with LEDs when I saw they were 3.59 a piece and special order. I sanded the tops of the LEDs rough to disperse the light better and it worked great.

I used a 2.2 Kohm resistor in a unused spot on the board and the rest is history.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

There are other LED options now. Go to Superlumination or just click on this link, then scroll down about 3/4 of the page. They have LEDs in several colors, and you also have a choice of clear, focused lens, frosted lens or inverted lens, that puts the light out the sides of the LED instead of the end. Price is not bad at $2.49 each.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve, great link! Just what I was thinking!

Comment

Working...
                  X