Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

budget carb sync

any one have a idea for a cheap way to sync carbs on my bike

wife is haveing problems with her job.... so cant afford the carb sync anymore.... i thought about using my vacume gauge but was worried about the needle bouncing .......

A bouncing needle is not a problem, you can squeeze the tubing to minimize that.

The problem that I see is that you said "gauge", singular, as in just ONE.

That just won't work. To really do it on a budget, post your location, maybe one of us is near you.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

google how to make one. super easy from what ive seen. clear tubing and some connectors. then fill it with some kinda liquid.

Comment

Make friends... where are you?

Probably a GS-er somewhere around who could help out.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

well im located in lima ohio..... but i could probably get the bike running good enough to get to washington court house ....... i would get more than one gauge ..... i currently have two gauges .... but i know that isnt realy enough....

so does anyone want to make a new friend ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by sk843143 View Post
            well im located in lima ohio..... but i could probably get the bike running good enough to get to washington court house .......
            Well, when I'm home (which isn't very often, these days), I'm closer than WCH, but I won't be there for another 3 or 4 weeks.

If you haven't found something by then, let me know.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Well, when I'm home (which isn't very often, these days), I'm closer than WCH, but I won't be there for another 3 or 4 weeks.

If you haven't found something by then, let me know.

Well done Steve...as always! But did you pack the "tool bag"?

Comment

I've synced quite a few bikes at my house and other's homes. I got a motion pro mercury unit for 40 dollars, not too expensive. I've probably done 10 different bikes with it, and checked mine at least 4 times since I got it 3 years ago.

Once a year I check the sync when riding season arrives and after a valve adjustment for sure. When I notice the throttle response getting a bit sloppy it's usually time for an adjustment.
                1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

steve thanx for the offer .... when im to that stage ill lett you know ...... just got the petcock rebuild done im gona finish setting the float level on the carbs .... bench sync .... set idle ...... then ill be ready so im hoping for a few days ...... if it runs ok then ill get a hold of ya ...... im contenplating making my oun manometer but im having trouble making the adapters for the intake plugs (two broken drill bits later) sooooo.... ill most likely be geting ahold of you thanks a mill ......

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                    Well done Steve...as always! But did you pack the "tool bag"?
                    Taken just moments ago, in the motel room:

'nuff said?

No, I didn't bring the mercury sticks this time.
                    Thought about it, but chose not to.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                    X