High beam switch problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High beam switch problem?

For some reason I cant get my headlight to change to the high beam. according to the sticker above my high/low switch, I need to push the switch up to change to high beam. The switch will not move up at all, however does move left and right for the blinkers. ..does this make sense?

Take the switch apart and try cleaning it. DeOxit is a good product for cleaning switches. If this won't get it moving you may just want to replace it.

Comment

does your bike have the switch also that turns off all the instrument lamps and the headlight functions? Can you post a pic? My 77 and 78 have the switch that has green dot and a red dot next to it and the high beam/low beam switch. would like to see what switch box you have...
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
        Take the switch apart and try cleaning it.
        Carefully ! If you have auto cancel turn signals/horn/hi/low headlight the little parts and springs will come out of the housing like one of those snake-in-a-can tricks.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I will attempt to take it apart and look inside today.. and get a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            does your bike have the switch also that turns off all the instrument lamps and the headlight functions? Can you post a pic? My 77 and 78 have the switch that has green dot and a red dot next to it and the high beam/low beam switch. would like to see what switch box you have...

Comment

took the switch "case" apart. put a little marvels mystery oil on the switch and it works great now.

Comment

Working...
              X