Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Break Ride in Minnesota?

Hey MN guys;

Any of you interested in getting together for a day ride at the end of March if the weather cooperates?

It would be fun to meet some of you and get in some miles in preparation for the new riding season.

I am thinking sometime during the last week of March. Let's pick a day from March 27th-April 3rd. I am off that week so I will definitely be doing some riding .

Rick

I'm upin St Cloud..probably wont make the spring ride..but a regular bi monthly "run" would be cool..I have relatives in the cities and get down their quite a bit...or I hear theirs some nice rods up north

John

Comment

Hey, that sounds like a good time for a ride to me. When I get done with fixing this Sebring in my garage and have time to do my fork seals and carbs (by this weekend I hope) I'll really be ready for a ride. I've been riding since last Tuesday, with the bike in the same condition I put it away last year. Still works ok, but it really needs the maintenance. I should be open for any date between the 27th and the 3rd unless I get a couple of tuning jobs scheduled, then they'll take precedence of course, gotta make some money too.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Dan, let's pick a spot between our homes and take a nice run. I live in White Bear Lake.

Comment

I've got a real good place in my head, I just have to look it up on the map (too many small town names are similar). I'll get back to you a little later today, I've got to get that Sebring done and out of my garage. So, when I take a break this afternoon, I should be able to get it posted up.

Comment

Great!

I look forward to getting out on the road. I will probably take a short ride tonight.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
              if the weather cooperates?
              Ahhh-haaa-haaa-ha. How about meeting up at Target Field for a Twins game ? We can all ride in the freezing rain to get there and then find out the game has been canceled.....

Just kidding. Im headed south (Dallas/Houston) for a couple/three weeks for work. Bike/Boat wont get "woke-up" till May. Ill think about ya while I'm soaking up that TX sun.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Ahhh-haaa-haaa-ha. How about meeting up at Target Field for a Twins game ? We can all ride in the freezing rain to get there and then find out the game has been canceled.....

Just kidding. Im headed south (Dallas/Houston) for a couple/three weeks for work. Bike/Boat wont get "woke-up" till May. Ill think about ya while I'm soaking up that TX sun.
                Yeah, heading south again......one of these days we'll get you on your bike and riding.....haven't seen any proof that you really ride it yet.

Hey Rick, there's a wide spot in the road on 169 between Milaca and Onamia, called Page, which is almost perfectly in the center 81.2 miles for me and 84.5 miles for you. There's a place called the Fish House Store there. How does that sound?

Oh yeah, DetroitDieselMan, that won't be too far from you either, we haven't set a date for this yet.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM. Reason: small ps

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                  haven't seen any proof that you really ride it yet.
                  You are a funny guy Dan. Heres a pic for ya. That was 50 miles round trip so I got at least that in 2009. No, I didnt trailer it, and no its not photo shopped.

on 169 between Milaca and Onamia
                  Careful of those hairpin twisties....NOT !
                  Last edited by bonanzadave; 03-17-2010, 05:06 PM.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    You are a funny guy Dan. Heres a pic for ya. That was 50 miles round trip so I got at least that in 2009. No, I didnt trailer it.

Careful of those hairpin twisties....NOT !
                    Ok, I'll accept that picture as proof that you rode last year, since you're wearing the gear.........
                    We'll go find the twisties after we get out of that swamp/farm country, I've got several possible routes planned, one of them involves riding east to play at the St. Croix, just haven't decided yet.....

Comment

Ok, I'll accept that picture as proof that you rode last year, since you're wearing the gear.........
                      We'll go find the twisties after we get out of that swamp/farm country, I've got several possible routes planned, one of them involves riding east to play at the St. Croix, just haven't decided yet.....
                      Sounds good to me. If there is a day that works for DDM that would be great.

I am off that whole week, so my schedule is pretty flexible.

Dan, I will pm my cell # to you for ease of planning as the day draws near.

Rick

Comment

Hey Dave, nice picture. Wait, isn't that the picture you posted 2 years ago?

Dan, I just mapped out the location and it looks like a nice ride up to Onamia. DDM, we will be right in your back yard; let's do it. I could meet up with you in Milaca.

Rick

Comment

Ok, it's official.

Dan and I are hitting the road this coming Thursday.

I am meeting him up around Milaca. It's going to be a beautiful warm day if any of you other MN guys wants to join us.

Rick

Comment

We already know BonzaiDave is heading south to Texas, so he's out, how about Dave8338 or some of those people that put their names into our little MN GS Riders group? C'mon people, we know you really want to ride....

Comment

Is the ice out on Mille Lacs yet ?
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

Working...
                              X