Stator in pieces ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator in pieces ????

i was out on the old gs this evening and all of a sudden i heard a rattling, crunching sound coming from under my stator cover is it possible that the stator has broken into pieces. the bike quit running and wont restart. has anyone ever had this happen ?? will there be pieces of metal in my oil now??? it is making noise without the motor runnin while i was pushing it sounds like it is in pieces ???

Well first you have to swallow hard and open the side cover up. Obviously there are issues. SOunds like the starter clutch bought it but nothing beats a look-see.

Pictures are necessary
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Hi,

Ouch! It could be that the stator and/or rotor has come loose. If you've never had that cover off before, CLICK HERE to see what to expect. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Noise with the motor off I would pull the cover over the chain sprocket and have a look

Comment

Call me at 714-356-7845 if you want some help. I don't live close but can work on these in my sleep. Ray.

Comment

thanks for the quick responses guys ill get the bike home tomorrow and pull the cover i just put the electrosport stator in about 2 years ago. the bike hasnt been charging right recently. i should have changed stator after i tested it and found it wasnt workin but with a full charge on the battery i knew i coud get a good ride in this evening and the weather was beautiful. live and learn. as the DUKE says life is tougher when you are stupid
            Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X