Difference between GS750E and ES forks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between GS750E and ES forks?

I see they use different inner tubes so I'm assuming one is slightly longer than the other? I'm looking to rebuild my forks and add cartridge emulators. While I'm at it I'd like to switch from the "press in cap" type forks I have now to the thread in kind. I've got plenty of mass to go around and I swear (often) that getting the caps back in the forks is the worst part of the job.

ED tube 51110-31300
    ES tube 51110-31340

My guess is that the ED tubes are 40mm shorter which might be okay if I switch to 17" Katana rims.

Thanks,
    /\/\ac

I'm going to go tack this link onto one of the cartridge emulator threads but I'll post it here too. I can't find any good info on the Racetech site about sizing anymore but I did turn up this reseller with detailed info. (Pst! Which ones for '83 750 forks?)

i don't believe suzuki would use 2 different lengths of tubes from a small fork mounted fairing to a larger frame mounted fairing.
    i had a conversation the other night with a member here that had the same question but will an 83 1100E/ES...two different part numbers for the inner tubes.
    the difference was.....
    the oil holes in the inner tubes for the air crossover on an E was more towards the bottom triple clamp and on the ES they was near the top triple clamp...
    hence the two different part numbers for the inner tubes from an E to an ES.
    i have been working on GS's for over 20 years and had no idea about this..
    maybe because the 1100ES is so uncommon and even though i owned one for a short period of time...i never worked on the fork area.

Comment

I was under the impression that the spring rates were different between the E and the ES

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I don't know if the springs are different or not but I'd be using aftermarket springs anyway so it doesn't really matter. I just don't want to lower the front end any. On the other hand I'll probably switch to Katana 17" rims next year so I'd gain some of that back.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
        X