where can I buy carb intake boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I buy carb intake boots?

Hello, I have a GS650E and I need new intake boots. I have searched all over and can't seam to find them. Please help. Thanks

you can get them from your local dealer. I get mine from www.yamahaoftoy.com
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you buy the ones for the Suzuki there or from a Suzuki dealer? Do you have an average price for each and do they come with O rings? I just bought some O rings & 16mm screws from cyclerings.com I figured it would not hurt to have them around.
      Thanks

Comment

Try
        OEM Parts for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Can-Am, Sea-Doo, and Vanderhall

or

or

Any of these retailers should have what you need.

Comment

Got mine from PartShark...but hes charging me $29 to mail it to Canada. Four little rubber tubes...sheesh

Comment

Got my airbox boots from the local dealer $13.65/ea special order.

Comment

Yeah I buy my Suzuki parts from them too. The bootsdont come with o-rings you got the o-rings from a good source.
              I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
              1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by ronc650 View Post
                Hello, I have a GS650E and I need new intake boots. I have searched all over and can't seam to find them. Please help. Thanks
                Here is my list of favorite suppliers. Not all of them carry everything, but they are still on the list.

Alpha Sports
                Babbittsonline
                Bike Bandit
                Carolina Cycle
                Cycle Parts Nation
                CYCLE-RE-CYCLE
                Full throttle
                Motogrid
                MR Cycles
                PartShark
                Partsnmore
                Ron Ayers
                Z1 Enterprises

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
                you can get them from your local dealer. I get mine from www.yamahaoftoy.com
                Kpark, your link does not work. There is a R missing, should be yamahaoftRoy.

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                Got my airbox boots from the local dealer $13.65/ea special order.
                Airbox boots are cheaper than the intake boots that ronc (the original poster) is asking about.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the good information guy's. I got my old ones off today and I am going to call a local dealer tomorrow to see if I can get them quick. If not I will try to order them from the web.
                  Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Chances are that your dealer does not have them in stock, so he will have to order them, too. Compare prices in the sources I listed. Some, like Alpha, are considerably more expensive than the others, but they have a good parts search engine. Others will be withing a dollar or two in price, but shipping will be dramatically different. Check all this out before you go talk to your dealer.

In fact, take your findings to your dealer. We did that when we were looking for parts for my son's Yamaha Venture. The parts guy asked where I got my pricing information, I simply told him "the Internet". He looked at my pricing, then compared to his list. He said if I would order through him, he could match the internet pricing and not charge shipping. In the end, I paid a little less (no shipping) and the dealer made a bit in the process, too. It helps to keep the business local and build a good relationship.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Up here in Canada, I priced out intake boots at a local dealer for my '82 750 when i first got it, they quoted me $45 PER BOOT
                      I ordered then from BB for $13 or so each

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                        Up here in Canada, I priced out intake boots at a local dealer for my '82 750 when i first got it, they quoted me $45 PER BOOT
                        I ordered then from BB for $13 or so each
                        Boots for the 16-valve engines are a bit cheaper than those for the 8-valve engines as they are made differently.
                        Boots for the 8-valvers are closer to $20-25 for them.

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

Patch them up with JB-Weld (plastic Steel).
                          Request pics., I post.

Comment

Some have used the Kawasaki KZ1000 boots on older 1000 Suzuki's. They are much cheaper than the suzuki ones...
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                            X