750 carbs on an 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 carbs on an 850

i've got a 79 850 that i've been building into a bobber i got my air pods in and they didn't fit so i measured (which i should have done in the first place). after some research i think i have 750 carbs on my bike, just wondering if anyone has seen this before and if it's going to effect my performance after jetting and rebuilding i already have my 4 into 1 exhaust on.

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. ryan2035,

The '79 GS850 has VM26SS carbs and the '80 and later models use BS32SS carbs (CV style). It sounds like you may have ordered pod filters for the later carbs.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The 750, 850 and 1000 all had the VM 26 carbs in 1979

So, other than jetting, the carbs are all the same

Post up a pic so we can see what you're talking about (read the BassCliff)
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

you called it thanks basscliff

Comment

one of the carbs with the float bowl removed and my calipers on it

Comment