Tyre size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre size?

Any one tryed a 100-90-16 tyre on their 1150. It's a cheng shin so it will match the rear. 906 style. Also stamped 3305. So it's been on the dealers shelf for awhile.

Hi,

The 100/90/16 is one size skinnier than stock but would probably be OK. Note that it would make your turning a little quicker. But, personally, I would pass on a tire that old.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

^^^^ What he said.

Even if you get it free, that tire is not worth using on a motorcycle. With a tree and a length of rope, it might make a fun tire swing for the kiddies!

Scrimp together a few bucks for something new. Shinkos are good and cheap.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I went to buy a set of pirelli's for the cage and the guy looked at me kind of strange when I asked him what the date codes were. Tires were from 15th week of 2008, I told him call a couple of other stores and find me some fresher tires. Another location had 4 tires that were from the 43rd week of 2009 so I went with them. No way would I purchase a tire from 2005 especially on the bike.

Comment

Thx folks,all good advice should be taken!

Comment

I just today received 2 new Pirelli tires for my 1150 from Motorcycle Superstore.
            Sport Demon Sport Touring
            Front 110/90V-16 $87.99
            Rear 130/90V-17 $120.99 Free shipping when spending more than $70.00

This will be the first time ( while I own it) that I have had 2 new matching tires. I am geeked. and it better stop raining.

Then it cost me $100.00 ($48.00 a half hour) for a small shop near me to mount and balance - I need to look into a tire machine. Then I could have Detroit tire mounting parties.
            85 1150E

Comment

Couple spoons is all you need.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Look on Youtube and see how it's done, not terribly sophisticated a child of 10 could do it....go find me a child of ten

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Then it cost me $100.00 ($48.00 a half hour) for a small shop near me to mount and balance
                  That's about the going rate around here if you drop off your bike, have the wheels removed and 2 tires mounted and balanced.

Comment

I get my tires at Tires Unlimited. If I get the tires there and have them mount them (on wheels that are off the bike),
                    it's $20 each for mount and balance. If I bring in tires that I bought elsewhere, it's $30 each.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Tires and Beer

The dating of tires is important. But what is just as important is how they are stored. Warehouse environment is crucial to the integrity of the tire's carcass, even when it's wrapped. The location on storage racks, upper or lower, makes a difference as well as temperature. Proximity to HVAC units, ductwork, and electric motors is supposed to have some effect. It somehow reminds me of "brew dating" and storing of beer.

Comment

Tire size

Ok im just learn tires also it is a small tire -- i run the 120/80 16 -- 3305 is code 33 is the the week and 05 is the year tire was made ---dont get tires over 2 years old the oil in the rubber gets dry -- hope this helped- --- SAWDUST-

Comment

Thanks folks! They can keep the tyre.

Comment

Working...
                          X