1982 GS850 GL wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS850 GL wiring

Does anyone have the exact wiring diagram for this bike. I took the wiring harness off to repair it a little and after putting it back on I cant get the starter switch to work. I am wondering if I screwed the pooch with the reconnection or if something is wrong. A little history: I had turned the key on a while ago to get it to turn over and had some melting of wires...that is what I had to repair. The lights all work and I have goten the starter to turn over. I need someone who is familiar with this bike to guide me, for I am still an amateur.
    Thanks guys
    key_lo

Hi,

The exact wiring diagram will be in the Suzuki Factory Service Manual that you downloaded from my website. It will be part of the supplemental information in the back of the manual, the "GLZ" section.

Make sure the starter relay (solenoid) is properly grounded.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Do you know that in its original configuration, you need to pull the clutch handle to use the starter?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thanks bass...i have been all over your site and I will continue to do so.

Comment

Working...
        X