Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki owner who is having honda problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki owner who is having honda problems!

Hey,

Although my main project, and first love is my 77 gs550, I also have a 79 cb750. I'm wondering if there is anyone on here who is fairly familiar with them or knows of any decent forums for a dohc honda. I've run into a wall here and all the forums out there for those bikes are beat.

Issue...spark unit appears to have melted. WHat could cause this? What else could be damaged? Could being an idiot and charging a dead battery of a running truck battery, melt it?

augh...a shove in the right direction for a fellow suzuki owner who strayed from the flock would be awesome!

thanks

There are 2 of those spark units and yes, the epoxy just melts right out of them. Honda mounted them under the seat instead of out in the wind. Did it stop running on 2 cylinders? If not, don't worry about it too much. I have a few of those here somewhere.

Comment

Don-Io thanks for getting back to me. Do you have any idea what would make that epoxy melt like that? Is it something that I should replace? Or something else I should check to make sure it's not damaged?
      Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by xgs550x View Post
        Issue...spark unit appears to have melted. WHat could cause this? What else could be damaged? Could being an idiot and charging a dead battery of a running truck battery, melt it?
        The early ones melted over time and it's not uncommon to find the goo from them on your swingarm and battery box. They used a different epoxy/resin in later years that didn't turn to goo. When the early ones melt, it's not due to overheating or any other problem i.e. the early ones will melt even if they are sitting on a shelf.

In either case, the fact that the expoy/resin has turned to goo will not prevent the bike from firing or running.

A good resource for the DOHC CB750F is www.cb1100f.net

A good resource for the DOHC CB750C or CB750K is www.cb750c.com

Comment

Working...
        X