It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy....am I stoked.....you betcha!!!!!

I mustered the courage tonight to hook my jumpbox up to my bike.....said a little "Please don't let it blow up" prayer, turned on the key, switched the kill switch to run....and pushed the start button.....after I remembered to pull in the clutch.....and by God...it came to life! This bike hasn't ran in 5 years or so.....I was expecting all kinds of smoke or a little noise.....and nothing...this bike didn't even cough.....I was just standing there looking like a deer caught in the headlights......my bike is alive and even closer to being back on the road......

Anyway....I just wanted to share this news with those of you who I know will be happy for me....I called my friend to tell them about it and have to admit...they were less than enthusiastic about it!

C-ya....Anita

Yay!

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thats WAY COOL...and the best feeling is that you wrenched on it yourself..I have been following along...HE HE
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Not only do we need pictures of the bike, we want to see that "deer in the headlights" look, too.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I know the feeling...

Comment

way to go anita !!!!
            '85 GS550L - SOLD
            '85 GS550E - SOLD
            '82 GS650GL - SOLD
            '81 GS750L - SOLD
            '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
            '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
            '82 GS1100G - SOLD
            '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
              thats WAY COOL...and the best feeling is that you wrenched on it yourself..I have been following along...HE HE
              Don't you mean SHE SHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Anita.

We are all thrilled for you.

I can't wait for the day when I can fire my restoration up. It's been almost three years since I first pulled it down.

Comment

Wow

Always good to ear those old engines when they woke up after long sleep.

Congrats.

André

Comment

Hi Ms. Krooozn,

Thanks for letting us share your joy! I hope to have a similar report soon. Nice work, keep it up.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Awesome. I have to admit though that you've gotten me a bit jealous. I'm so close to being done with my build that the anticipation of firing it up is just killing me. Congratulations on getting the bike up and running. Posting some photos and videos wouldn't hurt.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Thanx everyone for your enthusiasm....It sure made me smile when my bike woke up and took it's first breath in over 5 years.....it was a great feeling. I still have a lot to do to it before it is going to be road ready....need tires, got to do something with the exhaust, just don't know what at this time....one of my mufflers has rusted through in a couple places...I wanted to change out the pipes and put something with a little more noise to it...but I don't want to have to rejet the carbs....so I just don't know what I am going to do about that problem just yet.....anyone got any suggestions? Anyway....my vision for my bike is a one-of-a-kind rat type bike.....I have lowered the rear of the bike about 3 inches or so, I dismantled the seat and cut about 2-3 inches of foam out of it, then recovered it with new marine grade vinyl....I am currently working on a 70's style tall sissy bar that will go on the bike.....would love to rake out the front end, but that task is far beyond my skills, and due to the fact that I don't have very deep pockets right now for this build, I'm trying to only do the things that I can do myself....I have also changed the color of the bike to an electric blue metallic (rattle can) and if I like the color once the bike is together...then I'll get her professionally done....

If the weather permits this weekend I'll get her out of the garage and try to get some decent pictures.....taking them in the garage just doesn't make for a good photo op...I like having some sort of natural background with the sun shining on it.....so I'll see how it goes and hopefully get some pictures posted real soon....

Thanx again for all the support and faith that you guys have had in my and my ever so slight talents.....you have taught me a lot.....

Anita
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X