chop bob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chop bob build

so this is my first ever bike a 1982 gs1100ez put clubmans on it and new tires and was off and racing this is a very fun bike. so i have always wanted a bob/ chop so here is were i start.

here is my new list of parts
    bandit swing
    mono shock
    gsxr rear wheel with 180 tire
    gsxr 750 front with a 954 triple
    fat bob tank
    vulkin seat
    29 dodge tail light
    530 chain swap

now i have the rear swing mounted and the front in place waiting for triple and front wheel to show up. after i get the front end set up i will work on the mono shock and rear wheel alignment. plan on going black and green with some good looking pin striping.

heres a few pics of the progress i have made

Comment

Wow. Most guys use all those GSXR parts to make the bike handle better in the corners. This is the first time ive ever seen anyone go through all the trouble just for the look of fat wheel. Looks like you're moving pretty quickly, and obviously know what you are doing. Monoshocking these puppies isnt a beginner type job. Not my cup of tea, but its looking pretty pro so far

Comment

Wow that was fast; I would have NOT recommended making an EZ a hard tail bobber, but a monoshock bobber? This is interesting. Not sure where your battery and electrics is going to go but, I'll not distract you with a lot of question and just watch.

Comment

wile this is my first bike build i have been building trucks, cars, r/c airplanes, r/c helis, r/c rock crawlers and other r/c cars. i have had a lot of time with mechanics and i am a very accomplished fabricator. i have actually spent the last year researching the gsxr swap with countless hours spent reading what others have done. i do also have access to a cnc plasma table, lathe, and other machining tools from my current job. so i really should say thanks to everyone who has already done this swap before and thanks for all the great info here. i should be riding next weekend i cant wait. oh there is barely enough room under the seat for the battery and elec. its tight but it will fit.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

still need to make rear fender mounts and a few other little things like lights, trail tech speedo, and some paint should be riding next weekend.

Comment

WOW!!!! Your bobber is lookin very nice. Different too. I'm diggin it very much. Wish I was home workin on my bike .

How did/are you mounting the Fat Bob tank?? Fits very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by AF_Bill View Post
                WOW!!!! Your bobber is lookin very nice. Different too. I'm diggin it very much. Wish I was home workin on my bike .

How did/are you mounting the Fat Bob tank?? Fits very nicely.
                thanks. as for the fat bob tank it was fun i actually took the pair of tanks and cut out the middle section then made a new tunnel to fit the frame. so after all that cutting and welding i put four mounting tabs on the out side of the tank to mount it to the frame. so now i have like a 6 gallon fat bob tank it is as wide as the motor and as tall as the the stock headlight worked out very nice i just need to leak test it and then throw some paint on it. i will take some more pics soon to show what i have done.

Comment

got wheel painted (and no those tires are garbage) this is the green i am using.

Comment

Nice work!

Just remember we are pic addicts here!
                    I am quite impressed that you had planned everything out in advance, good on ya!

Comment

getting so close but so frustrating when things don't work out like planed rear fender mount needs to be reworked messed up one the final version of my handle bars and the rear master didn't work ether. oh well theres more then enough time to fix it right.

Comment

Cr@p thought you would be done by now .

This looks like a fun build; I held back and will reserve comment on the green till your finished.

You gotta post a pick with you on the bike. U must have a hella of a long set of arms

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          This looks like a fun build; I held back and will reserve comment on the green till your finished.

You gotta post a pick with you on the bike. U must have a hella of a long set of arms
                          i will get a pic tomorrow of me on it. you dont like my grabber green?

Comment

Awesome! Even with the ape hangers.

Well done. If I was going to pay someone to build me a bike You would be on my short list fer sure

Comment

Flat black tank and tins? With the green wheels, that'll look sick as sh!t. Can't wait to see this all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X