BS 34 Carb info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS 34 Carb info please

Starting in on the carb cleanup and rebuild of the carbs (BS34?) on a GS400E.I need a little info never having seen these before.

I haven't got the carbs off yet ( pretty cramped location with airbox and all) but one thing I already noticed that doesn't seem quite right. For the enrichment circuit there is a knob on the left side that needs to be pulled out. On this set there doesn't seem to be a detent or lock type mechanism to hold the knob in position. This creates a problem trying to start the little bugger as you need a hand to hold the knob, one to pull in the clutch and another to stab the "go" button.

Using good old fashioned British ingenuity I slapped on a set of vice grips to hold it in position while I manouvered the clutch and starter button. That can't be how its supposed to work obviously.

I don't have a manual yet and couldn't find a fiche on bike bandit that would tell me anything. The manual on Cliff's site won't download either at the moment so I'm a tad stuck.

Can anyone illuminate me on how this enricher knob is supposed to work and possibly point me to a fiche or diagram.

Many thanks folks.
    Spyug

I got rid of the clutch switch so I could hold the enrichener and starter button at the same time.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
    X