Not a gs but a gsxr 600 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a gs but a gsxr 600 no spark

hey folks I posted this on the gixxer forum but being a longtime member here I know there are very knowledgeable people who may be able to help me here

I am trying to fix a 97 600 gixxer for a freind.After a quick inspection I found It has no spark . I tested the coils and they have 11.8 volts at them ( orange wire) and the resistance I think if I tested correctly ( i am a moron when it come to electricity) was 2.9 ohms. So if its not the coils, ( i kind of doubted that both would go bad at once) whats next? I dont have a a shop manual and was curious how can I test the cdi? Also just to make sure I did it correct,how do you test the coils?I I put the test leads across the upper and lower coil terminal with the meeter set at 200/ Thanks for your help.

manual is here
    youll have to jump a few hoops though to get it.

repairmanualclub.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, repairmanualclub.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
    X