re-jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-jetting

dyno does not make a kit for my bike so im going to try and get individual jets and see what i can do. Im comfortable with taking the carbs on and off but ive never re-jetted before.
    I would like to order a few jets online, but how do I findr jets online that will fit my carbs? will all mikuni jets fit on all mikuni crabs?
    what increments would be good to get to start? Do I need to get main jets only, or also slow jets? thanks!!
    DG
    Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM.

I'd go up one on the pilot jet. EX. 35 to a 37.5
    I'd go up four on the main jet EX. 100 to a 110
    The jets are available in 2.5 increments

The needle will also need shimmed. Take off the plastic spacer on the jet needle and replace it with washers so more of the end of needle sticks out. This part is trial and error until you get it as close as you can w/out the jet kit.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanks! and how do I make sure the jets im getting will fit my carbs? thanks,
      DG

Comment

Use the drop down menu for the sizes.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Thanks!
          i didnt mention before, i have emgo pods on. dynojet didnt have a kit for my bike, and someone told me they put the emgos on their gs450 and it didnt need to be re-jetted, so i thought it would be an easier and cooler lookign fix for my damaged stock air box
          Anyways, being that their emgos-would you still suggets 1 size up for the pilot and 4 for the main jet as a stating point?
          thanks again

Comment

I don't know squat about emgo pods besides that they are cheap.
            Try two steps up on the main.

Comment

thanks again!
              how do i remove the jets?my other bike's just screw right out and the manual shows screwing them out but ther are no slots?

Comment

The Denniskirk jets I gave you the link to may not be the right jets. Not sure what you have going on there.

Comment

yeah its weird, the manual says screw them out but this looks different.....

Comment

I worked on an 86 450 and the carbs were like the ones that I have on the 1100.
                    C'mon 450 guys we need some help here.

Comment

thanks for stickin' with me here chef! Did they use press in/permanent jets on these carbs?
                      If so, its not indicated on any of the info I've found, he schematic on bikebandit doesn't look like they have this going on,

Does anybody else with 80-82 GS450's have jets like this?
                      Would a later year gs450 carbs work fit on my bike?
                      it seems like all 80-82 GS450s have the same carbs.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

jetting

Are you sure carbs are the stock cv BS, series?

Comment

thanks,
                          as far as i know they are-how can I tell?

Comment

re jetting

Their use to be a number printed on the outer sides, but the ink or what ever they use fades. Find a similar bike on e-bay look for motor picks. suzukicycles.org might have some pics? not much help i know. SAN Basscliff's site might have some info to.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2010, 09:05 PM. Reason: wrong address

Comment

Picture Size:Please wait
                              Image not available

Comment

Working...
                              X