Air filter seal for K&N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air filter seal for K&N

So my GS700ES has a K&N replacement filter in the stock air box. The foam seals on top and bottom are squished and don't look like they'll seal well any more. Any ideas on where to get some material to replace them? One is like a ring and the lower is a solid circle.

I dunno what sort of hardware products are available over your way, but I have used the self adhesive foam rubber strips that are sold by hardware stores as draft seals for doors and windows. That should work ok to place the squashed ring. No idea as to what could be used for the disc section though sorry.

Water expands when frozen. If it absorbs water you could try freezing it to see if it will make it expand back to it's original shape. Might take a couple of goes to get it right...... if it works at all.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Got any old mouse pads? Make one

Comment

Hadn't thought about mouse pads. Are they thick enough?
        I have no idea what the original thickness of the parts are.

Comment

Originally posted by vista461 View Post
          Hadn't thought about mouse pads. Are they thick enough?
          I have no idea what the original thickness of the parts are.
          If they aren't thick enough, use two.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

That's just crazy enough to work. When did they start making mousepads so thin? I went to big lots today and got three of them just to make sure I would have enough thickness.

Comment

Working...
            X