Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have dropped the needle clip.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i have dropped the needle clip.....

guys should i have dropped the needle clip from std .down 1 after cleaningand also a new std. suzuki filter ..sorry bike ,1980 gs1000e with existing 4into 1 and a nice megacycle muffler made by megacycle in keysborough victoria australia ..carbys are cv ,,,{ i think the bike hates me...}any ideas greatly appreciated .. regards david

Is it running poorly?
    std here in the states means something entirely different than standard.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      Is it running poorly?
      std here in the states means something entirely different than standard.

Funny. I thought std in the states was standard

Comment

Sexually transmitted disease.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Sexually transmitted disease.
          I know...

Comment

sorry fellas,,,i did mean standard....

my bike runs well .. carbys have all been cleaned and not leaking around the inlets as i,ve checked with spray ,but still will not go over 7000rpm, i wanted to know if it would have helped me dropping the clip down from 3rd to 4th from topi,ve taken it for a spin a couple of time and behaves well..,,, i,ve now gotten over feeling the bike hates me ... and i,m prepared to accept some of the blame. your help guys would be much appreciated regards david

Comment

If at full throttle you won't climb over 7K I'd say your main jet is too lean or your ignition is stuffed. I'd start with the main.

Comment

bike will not rev above 7000rpm

my 1980 gs1000e has cv carbys and standard they have 40 pilot and main 108 and the needle clip is in 3rd postion which is standard ... it also came with factory electronic ignition which to date has not give a drama ..not to say it may..i,ve got oversize pilots and main jets from z1 in the usa.. and i,ve got k&N oval filters that i am tempted to put in if i continue having dramas.. the oversize pilots are 47.5 and the mains are 117.5 and i,d raise the clip to 4th position from top carbys are cv carbys and are clean.your input would be much appreciated and i,m still after st/st washers for carbys ..regards david

Comment

Change carb to slide.
                  Trying to purfect a cv carb mod is dah BOMB!
                  If you changed your jets to oversize, you will need to change the STOCK NEEDLE as well; play with your air intake size...
                  Oh, but this is for a 1000cc which HAS been accomplished successfully already, no?
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddux View Post
                    Change carb to slide.
                    Trying to purfect a cv carb mod is dah BOMB!
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Do CV carbs have adjustable needles over there?
                      Your drama sounds like a main as stated by Chef. Who by the way knows these carbs.
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

First dial in the main so you can get over 7K.
                        Then set the jet needle. I just used 12 washers to shim a customers jet needle so I need to drive up the road and get another set. I'll send them to you then.
                        47.5 is too big on the pilot. I wouldn't go over 42.5.

Comment

If you put on the K&N ovals (PODS?) I would highly recommend the DJ stage 3 kit.
                          But if you cant get it running properly with the standard airbox I wouldnt do that, sounds like you have other problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X