GSXR750 Header on GS1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR750 Header on GS1100?

I've see a couple of people that have had the gsxr1100 header on the gs's but will a 88-92 750 header be the same? I know it may take a little modification, maybe to the front frame brace under the exhaust ports and possibly spigots, but will the exhaust ports match up?

Originally posted by eric_banks32 View Post
    I've see a couple of people that have had the gsxr1100 header on the gs's but will a 88-92 750 header be the same? I know it may take a little modification, maybe to the front frame brace under the exhaust ports and possibly spigots, but will the exhaust ports match up?

It will depend on the manuafacturer, but the 87-91 GSXR 750 might be long enough to fit under the bike (sump clerance) but the pipes will be pretty small OD. Port Spacing is OK.

Comment

Port size will be different, 42mm on the GSXR stuff. Some people work around this but it seems to me you would be choking exhaust flow with the smaller diameter at the port.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. Guess I'll be waiting for something else to turn up. It was a D&D by the way on ebay for way cheap so if someones got a smaller bike they might be worth a look.

Comment

The GSXR pipes fit the '83 and up 700/750 E models best. The T models have the larger exhaust ports like the liter class GS bikes.

Comment

Working...
          X