GS500 exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS500 exhaust?

would a GS500 exhaust from any or all years work on my 80' GS450 twin? i wanted a 2 into 1 system, but a MAC system is way out of my price range, but i can get used stock GS500 systems for about $65 plus shipping on ebay, but would it work, and would it maintain performance?, i know i would have to rig the rear mount, i just need to know if it would fit the frame and bolt to the head properly, thanks!

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't have any first-hand experience (so don't take my word for it), but I do remember reading that the modern 500cc GS twin is a punched out 450 motor. Chances are good that it could be made to fit with modifications. You might try asking this question over on the GS500 twin forum: http://www.gstwin.com .

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the tip, ill give it a try on that site!

Comment

No, it WILL NOT FIT

they changed the angle the pipes come out to fit in the frame of the 500. Even though 90% of that motor is identical ith exahust wont fit.

Comment

i thought the angle looked different in the pics on ebay, but i wanted to make sure, i had a guy PM me about a stock exhaust ill just go that route thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X