82 GS1000s Katana ready to go back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1000s Katana ready to go back together

The bike only had 6k miles on it but it wasn't perfect... so I took it apart and powdercoated the frame. I had the carbs off so might as well rebuild them... and detail the engine. Here is what I have so far. Now I have to learn how to read a wiring chart so I can hook up the harness.

That looks very good so far. I would like to do this to mine one day. The powdercoat looks great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Looking forward to the rest of the re-assembly. It looks new.
      Creative bike stand btw.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Very nice sir. This definitely is turning out to be the year of the Kat. There must be 6 or 7 restos going on now. How is the body work? Plans for that? How about the running gear?

My own 750 project had stalled for a month or more as home renos have taken priority but with a good long weekend coming up I am inline to finish the paint and begin the reassembly. That's if riding doesn't get in the way.

I am getting anxious to get on this bike so I'm hoping I can get my first test ride in some time next week. I'll be posting my pics then.

Keep up the excellent work and (unlike me) please post more pics as you go. We all love the inspirtation.

Cheers,
        Spyug.

Comment

Always kinda liked the Kats. Probably would have kept trying to find an 1100 for some kind of hop up modded super-beast if I didn't find the Slabbie 11 first. Slabbie don't need no hopping up.

Nice job on the resto, keep it up!

Originally posted by spyug View Post
          That's if riding doesn't get in the way.
          Lets hope it does! Sent you a PM on CUJM. Don't poon out on us.

Comment

The body is absolutley PEFRECT not a scratch. The engine was replaced under Suzuki warrantee so it has even less miles than the bike. I always replace chain, sprockets, shocks, etc.

Originally posted by spyug View Post
            Very nice sir. This definitely is turning out to be the year of the Kat. There must be 6 or 7 restos going on now. How is the body work? Plans for that? How about the running gear?

My own 750 project had stalled for a month or more as home renos have taken priority but with a good long weekend coming up I am inline to finish the paint and begin the reassembly. That's if riding doesn't get in the way.

I am getting anxious to get on this bike so I'm hoping I can get my first test ride in some time next week. I'll be posting my pics then.

Keep up the excellent work and (unlike me) please post more pics as you go. We all love the inspirtation.

Cheers,
            Spyug.

Comment

Wow, keep going like that and your Kat will be better than new when you're done. Nice work!

Comment

Very nice. I agree with, Spyug, it is the year of the Kat

Comment

Working...
                X