1980 GS1000 SuperVintage Roadracer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000 SuperVintage Roadracer build

This is my first Suzuki project but thus far, it's been a lot of fun as I learn more about this venerable motorcycle.

So much of the fun comes with adapting other parts to work in racing situations. There are pictures up on my site www.2manymotorcycles.com under the Suzuki tab that is following the build.

Thanks to GS Resources for a lot of help and advice.

Leo

Thanks for sharing and for posting your site. You have had some journey in your life and I'm glad that you are winning the war.

It is strange how this horrible disease seems to be everywhere and this week alone It has made its presence known over and over for me. I learned that 3 of my long time and valued clients are battling end stage disease. My long time (45 year) close friend and "mentor" told me the other day his elder sister has been diagnosed with lymphoma and worse yet his baby daughter (just 27) may have pancreatic and liver cancer. As the English say, I am gutted.

Another close family friend in his 70s just had a biopsy done yesterday on his bladder and we are awaiting those results too. I'm not religious, but I'm asking the fates to be kind to them all.

Like you , I feel comfort , solice and purpose in my bikes and I feel a long ride coming on. Today is warm and sunny and if business stays slow I believe I will be playing hooky this afternoon.

Good luck with the project and please keep us informed. We all love following the "rebirth" of another fine bike.

Cheers and stay strong,
    Spyug.

Comment

Enjoy the pics.What exhaust is that?

1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

Exhaust Question

It's a Vance & Hines exhaust - stamped GS1100 - but I like it better than the Kirker exhaust as it seems "tighter", offering a tad more ground clearance. I've yet to test it with this engine but came to me at a bargain price, was in good condition and I hope it works well.

Thanks for asking.

Leo

Comment

If it's not Scottish its crap...

Spyug - I love your quote! If you read my story about the "Sweet Danger", you'll have observed we're Scottish too and that's my wife's clan motto! Even more interesting is that although we live in the States - We have a home in Nova Scotia.

Thanks for the kind words vis-a-vis my cancer battle. My heart goes out to your friends and I always tell others with this desease to find and read the short book entitled "Why bad things happen to good people." It gave me strength!

Best to you!

Leo

Comment

Working...
          X