Vance and Hines, Jetting and NOOB!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance and Hines, Jetting and NOOB!!

Total noob to motorcycles. Got my first bike Monday. '82 gs750t. Well, we had it running on monday and friend test rode it with #3 cylinder missing. Tested by grabbing the exhaust out of the motor. PO said that it was #2.

My neighbors at the apt have decided to get mad about me running the bike here. I can't blame them the thing backfires anytime you rev the engine. And per the lease I can't do any thing here on the bike anyway. So, I have to wait on some free time to push it up to the nearby parking lot.

I plan on pulling the carbs anyway and rebuilding them. I'm going to do the valves at the parking lot.

Well, my question has to do with what the PO told me. He said one of the jets is broken. Didn't know what jet was broke. So, I was thinking that with the rebuild I would jet this with 'good' jets. I mean quality jets that I know are good. But I have no idea what to order or what size. What would you replace with having an unknown broke "jet"? I would prefer to have the parts here when I do the rebuild.

After reading the carb series, it didn't seem real clear about replacing the float bowl gasket. (The large gasket that the instructions say to gently pry it off) Should I get 4 of these to replace.

I know to get the o rings from cycleorings.

And before I forget, this bike has the Vance and Hines Four into One exhaust.

So what would be a suggested parts list to do the rebuild of the carbs (size of jets included) and where would I buy good stuff? Also, it has a stock airbox with UNI air filter.

And any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, I did try the search to no avail for a parts list or suggested parts to replace.

Thanks.
    -Jerry
    Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2010, 09:43 PM.

#2 has the vacuum line to the petcock.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
    X