Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can those light up Plug Boots be used all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can those light up Plug Boots be used all the time?

I tried a couple searches, but I couldn't find any topics even mentioning these things.

JC Whitney has those spark plug boots that show a red flash for your spark. Are they just to be used for diagnosing a problem, or can they be left on for a "light show" while you ride?

I'd find another option. The few items that I could find on JC Whitney's web site that sorta meet your description. None of them are suitable for continued use on a motorcycle. Do you have a link, or picture of what you're thinking about using? If you're after a light show, there are better ways.

Comment

Check out this for a light show.

Second post down.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...151817&page=11

Comment

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

At least one of the reviews seem to be from a person who uses them full time.

Comment

I hadn't even looked at your link to see it's the same thing. JCWhitney has had those in their bike catalog for at least 8 years now. I remember seeing them way back when I had my first two GSs, I just never bought them. I do recall seeing blue and possible green somewhere else. Perhaps JP Cycles catalog? I don't remember now and don't have a copy.

Comment

Dennis Dirk sells them, in all different colors, and these particular ones are used for show.

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
              Check out this for a light show.

Second post down.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...151817&page=11
              Hey! That's my bike!

Here's a link to the relevant posts.
              Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

and
              Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

I have been playing around with the idea of running a pulse detector from the ignitor line to fire a flash from the LED's, but have had no success as of yet.

Comment

Working...
              X