Gs650 carb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs650 carb issue

hey guys, i recently inherited a 1982 GS650gl from my dad and got it running. however when i stored it this past winter i think some rust from the fuel tank got in the carbs and jammed the float because now gas just pours out of the overflow and is also in the airbox. having never worked on anything with more than one carburetor, what is the correct way to pull these things? and also i heard something about having to sync them when you put them back in? please enlighten me with wisdom because i'm a bit stuck at the moment. thanks

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. kevmalvarez,

I have a guide on my website that shows how to remove the airbox and carbs. Your bike may be a little different, but it should give you a good idea of what's involved. Feel free to download a manual while you're there. To properly clean your carbs and take care of the rest of your bike, follow the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome".

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2010, 12:19 AM.

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this is a gold mine of information! i appreciate the help man, i'll keep you posted on how the rebuild goes.

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X