Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light in speedometer

Hi guys.

The light in my speedometer is out. It worked not to long ago. I've checked the wires and they are fine. Has anyone got any experience changing the bulb? I had a quick look the other day but couldn't find any obvious way to change it.

Take off the back of the speedo. (Two nuts) Take out the light. Change bulb.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The bulb fits into a rubber bung that just pulls out of the speedo/tach..

once out, the bulb is a bayonet fit.

John

Comment

Ok thx guys. I just removed the metal back and didn't find anything other that a white plastic housing. I'll try and see if I can take it further apart.

Comment

There has to be wires that go into the speedo from somewhere in order for there to be a light.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Once you'll have it out (bulb) it is advice to lub that rubber housing, I encounter some that were so glued to the speedo that they broke under pressure when I tear them out, a light grease can do.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              There has to be wires that go into the speedo from somewhere in order for there to be a light.
              Well there were wires though I just couldn't see any lightbulbs or a fitting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by André View Post
                Once you'll have it out (bulb) it is advice to lub that rubber housing, I encounter some that were so glued to the speedo that they broke under pressure when I tear them out, a light grease can do.

Good luck
                thank you. I'll remember to do that.

Comment

Working...
                X