About coil mod relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About coil mod relay

I want to make a coil-mod on my 1983 16-valve 750,I wonder how to connect to pig 86 on relay,Between kill switch and ingniter there is a O/W wire,and to this wire there are 2 more wires O/W going to coils,Am i suppose to get rid of the 2 O/W coil wires,and solder a new wire directly to the wire, between killswitch and igniter and then connect this to pig 86?And make a new wire from 87 to coils????

I used these instructions

To do my coil mods,

Comment

Originally posted by Tompasio View Post
      I want to make a coil-mod on my 1983 16-valve 750,I wonder how to connect to pig 86 on relay,Between kill switch and ingniter there is a O/W wire,and to this wire there are 2 more wires O/W going to coils,Am i suppose to get rid of the 2 O/W coil wires,and solder a new wire directly to the wire, between killswitch and igniter and then connect this to pig 86?And make a new wire from 87 to coils????

Actually just did this mod on my bike today, noticed earlier this week that it was only getting 9.5V at the coils, now getting full voltage. Made a significant difference across the rpm range.....anyway, I digress....

The directions I was following were:

Pin 30 goes to Battery 12V

85 goes to ground

Then you cut the O/W wire between the kill switch and igniter/coils.

pin 86 connects to the wire coming out of the kill switch

pin 87 connects to the coils/igniter

be sure to use a fuse on the line from the battery to pin 30!

Comment

I would cut the O/W wire before the wire bundle where the kill switch meets the coils and igniter. Make this the trigger wire. I returned the switched wire back to the bundle and soldered it right in.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X