Kickstart Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstart Removal

Ok, I've checked previous posts and can find plenty on adding a kickstart. I want to remove mine. Bike is a 78 GS750 and I'd like to get rid of the kickstart and more importantly, the hefty kickstart shaft.
    I used to have a CB400 and this was fairly easy and a blank for the kickstart hole was available to buy.
    Has anyone done this on the 750?

just my 2 cents worth here..i have a 77 and a 78...that kicker came in handy a few times for me...just saying. If it is that intrusive for you, wht not take it off,leave the shaft as is and store it in the glove box in case you need it while out there on the road. If you break down, spend up the battery trying to get it restarted and are 20 miles from nowhere youre gonna wish you still had that kicker...believe me on that.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

No problem. To remove the kickstarter shaft you must split the cases, take out the shaft, put the cases back together, and fab a plug to put in the hole on the clutch cover.

Comment

Working...
      X