• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please adwise; no top speed????????

-Carbs cleaned (totaly dismantled) all o-rings new
    -Valve clearence checked
    -Carbs sync ok,with a carbtune instrument
    -Fuel level in bowls checked with plastic tube,ok
    -Tried to change mains from 120 (original) 130,up to 140 gets worse with 140
    -Tried to raise the needles,one notch
    -New airfilter,KN in stock airbox
    -Changed petcock
    -Cleaned all connections in fusebox
    -New wires to battery and ground + extra wire to ground
    -New spark wires and caps (NGK)
    -Changed the Igniter
    -New o-rings in the air-boots
    -New 4-1 Marschall Deeptone
    She starts very easy,and runs well up to about 100 km/h,then she kinda stalls and wont go any higher or faster,
    Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2010, 09:11 AM.

What do the plugs look like. Almost sounds like it is running rich on the mains but a series of plug chops would confirm this.

Comment

no top end?

Restricted exhaust systems..carbon build up; obstructions etc.

Comment

With the KN filter, and the 4-1, even though you're still using the stock airbox, you're flowing alot more air. The jump in mains, I'd guess to be pretty close, but your needle is probably throwing things off. What throttle position is it breaking up at?? (speed and RPM have nothing to do with your problem, so I cannot use that info to relate to your issue) Mark off your throttle in increments. 0-1/4 turn is pretty much all pilot, 1/4 to half is pilot/needle transition 1/2-3/4 is all needle circuit and 3/4-WOT (Wide Open Throttle) is needle-main... approximately. By using this marking set up, you can gauge a bit more accurately where exactly it is that you are lean/rich and breaking up. Now, you SHOULD be able to tune the bike with the stock needles for the KN inbox and the 4-1 but it might require a shim or two on the needle (do a search on "shimming the needle" lots of threads about this) BUT THE EASIEST WAY TO GET IT RUNNING CORRECTLY, would be to purchase a DynoJet kit, and run either the larger of the stage 1 kit or the smaller of the stage 3 kit mains, and use THEIR needles.. stock pilots are required..

Comment

Hello Kid,Well my needles are adjustable,Have the european model,I now have the clip 1 notch down and it dont make any approvment at all,Problems started about half throttle,It bluurs and hesitates at about 100Km/h.Can al this be a mecanical problem,piston-rings,valves? Or can it be something with the signalgenerator.The bike starts very well,goes like a rocket up to about 100Km/h.

Comment

So, do you mean you can run it to redline in 1st and 2nd gear, but then it stops pulling in 3rd?

Or, is it related to the prm?
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

This problem comes at 4 and 5 gear,I dont go 100Km/h at 1 or 2 gear.

Comment

do you have proper fuel flow at higher RPM and speeds????

i had a problem where my bike would suck my float bowls dry at anything over 3/4 throttle
                i put a bigger fuel line and a high flow fuel filter on it and my problem was solved
                just a thought for you to consider
                it may be fuel related

Comment

Chek the gas cap vent too.
                  Will it go to redline in 1-2-3- gears?

Comment

Coils might create issues too. Or ign. advancer.

Oh, Try running it without the airbox lid on. see if it makes a diff.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM. Reason: another thing

Comment

Working...
                    X