Does Starter Clutch Rollers Need to be Lubricated Prior to Refitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Starter Clutch Rollers Need to be Lubricated Prior to Refitting

The above question says it all. I am about to refit the starter clutch and cannot remember if the whole assembly run in oil or not.

My thought was that the rollers might slip when they come into contact with the large gear wheel. Then I remembered that it probably all runs in oil anyway.

So do I removed all the oil and refit it or just put it back in like it is -- lubricated and looking good.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2010, 05:51 AM.

it runs in oil.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      it runs in oil.
      OK thanks Terry. I thought so and did not want to bother with the research (reading manuals,etc). I am sweating on mounting the degree wheel which I made up today and the starter clutch and rotor needs to go on first. So I can begin the cam timing.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2010, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I have now fitted the starter clutch and generator rotor. All went together as planned. No problems.

I spent the rest of the afternoon making up a degree wheel and piston stopper.

I used the GS Resources very own degree wheel printout. I mounted it on a circular 1/16" brass plate, it fitted perfectly. I made up a pointer and fitted it behind a cover screw. When I did the TDC thing I found the factory TDC mark to be out by only 1 degree.

PISTON STOPPER as made by myself. The other piston stoppers that I have would not work on this motor, so I had to sacrifice one of my 12mm plugs to make this one up.

Piston stopper fitted to #1 cylinder.

All is ready to check the cam timing. But that's for another day.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2010, 07:09 AM.

Comment

ah ha!!
          a picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Working...
          X