Stebel Nautilus mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stebel Nautilus mounting

I looked into a few different horns and decided to go with the Stebel Nautilus compact seen herehttp://www.amazon.com/Stebel-Nautilu...0375282&sr=1-2. I already bought it and it's on its way, so a debate on this horn vs others isn't necessary... I searched the site and saw that some of you on here have this horn on your bikes. It seems I'll have to fab up a bracket to mount it. I already got some ideas on possible mounting locations from pics that were posted in past threads. I was wondering if anyone could give the dimensions of, or provide a template for the mounting bracket they made? It'dbe nice to be able have have something ready so when it gets here I can just slap it on and go... It's going on a 78 gs 750

I just used a very simple tab of stainless steel. Maybe 1.5" between the two 5/16" (8mm) holes. It's mounted to an existing tapped 8mm hole in the frame where some GS models mount the horn.

There's also a zip tie run between the horn and the frame in case the tab breaks or loosens. However, I've had this horn in place for a couple of years on my bike and never had a problem, and I've mounted these horns in the same place on a couple of other bikes with no issues.

That's an impressive protective layer of dirt, don't ya think?

Also, I really should have painted the horn flat black and removed that goofy sticker.

Yes, I know that looks like an oil leak. It's just spilled fork oil. I'll clean the bike at some point soon, really. Maybe.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
    X