how to replace clutch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to replace clutch cable

I snapped my clutch cable and have not worked on bikes enough to know how to replace it. I know how to get the end off the lever I know that little cylinder at the end of the cable slides into the lever, but how do I get the other end out wherever it does in? I have an 83 gs750es and the end of the cable runs all the way down and goes straight down into the clutch im assuming? There is the bolt and locknut like there is on the lever but if I just loosen it all the way the cable gets tight and I don't know where the end connects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maybe this will help

I just took my cable off my 1980 GS550L.

Not sure how similiar they are but I took the cable off the lever end first.

I screwed the other end completely into the case. I then removed the case cover which gave me enough slack to remove the spring from the actuator.

Once that was done. I slipped the end out of the actuator; slipped the end off the cable; and unscrewed the cable end from the case and pulled the cable end out.
    Last edited by goggles; 04-04-2010, 09:29 PM. Reason: mispelling
    1980 GS550L

Comment

Hi,

There's a service manual on my site that you can download. It will have the proper procedure.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X