new to gs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to gs help

forgive me have not did a search,bought a 81 gs 1100 from guy that told me about this site.going to put rings and valve seals and gaskets cause this thing burns the oil p.o. said petcock leak gas and wash out rings and dryed out valve seals???wear is best place to order parts p. o said had to be careful with aftermarket gasket and stuff and that some member was parts guy at popular parts store,sorry if this not the lingo or proper way if not I will catch on ..... Hopefully and any advice on putting this gs back together without any oil leaks from cyliders and head thanks hope can get this done soon

Originally posted by feder1100 View Post
    forgive me have not did a search,bought a 81 gs 1100 from guy that told me about this site.going to put rings and valve seals and gaskets cause this thing burns the oil p.o. said petcock leak gas and wash out rings and dryed out valve seals???wear is best place to order parts p. o said had to be careful with aftermarket gasket and stuff and that some member was parts guy at popular parts store,sorry if this not the lingo or proper way if not I will catch on ..... Hopefully and any advice on putting this gs back together without any oil leaks from cyliders and head thanks hope can get this done soon
    Hi feder1100,

welcome to GSR. Sorry mate but I can't answer much of the above. Partly because I'm not too sure what some of it means (i.e "wash out rings and dryed out valve seals"), but mostly because I don't know an easy answer that can be typed out in less than a couple of thousand words. Lol.

Your best bet really is to bite the bullet and use the search function (top of page). Type in something like "new ring and valve installation" and try your luck. Try other different but simple descriptions and peruse the threads. Usually reading the first post or two in each thread is enough to see whether it is what you are looking for.

There have been a number of people who have posted threads about their rebuilds that would do the job for you but I don't know where they are now, so unless you get real lucky real soon, someone needs to do a search.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X